Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Men Not In Black


Every now and then, I got asked which label do I like for its menswear. I always take a long pause before naming a label, looking like I have given serious considerations on the subject. But most of the time, it is simply because I don't really pay attention to menswear (but at the same time I am reluctant to show my lack of knowledge in men's fashion). You'll have to admit, menswear is less changable than women's (you can tell from the fact that still there are very few men dare to wear skirts as part of a normal outfit).

This spring, attention is paid to the Milan Pitti Uomo, menswear fashion week. The reason behind might just be the ability to give a sincere and decent answer to the above question (and my boredom during the rainy days of my semester break). After some serious observations, I can now proudly say "I like the Prada 2010 spring menswear".

The bright colour details are so well planned and matched. They stand out but they are not too loud. An orange-red blazer with a black shirt and khakis would just be perfect. Guys, do you still have second thoughts on bright colours?

No comments: