Saturday, October 16, 2010

Burberry Acoustic












Chief Creative Director of Burberry Christopher Bailey spotlights emerging musicians in the latest Burberry Acoustic music videos launched alongside Burberry's S/S 2011 menswear show. I think it's a brilliant collaboration platform having young talents being impeccably dressed up to the nines in the iconic trench coat and tailored pieces, together with the raw honest sounds from acoustic instruments. I'm definitely being sucked in with Burberry's gen Y targeted campaigns, examples such as the Art of the Trench comprised of streetstyle photos of people in their Burberry trenches and print ads of Emma Watson as their new face spamming the first few pages of fashion magazines across the globe.

Maybe it's my love for acoustic tunes, how the unexpected musical arrangements keeps me in awe, how the vibrations off strings gives me goosebumps and accents the origins of the song.

2 comments:

Matt said...

This is a fantastic idea and an innovative way to tap into the younger, 'spend-crazy' generation. Assuming this type of marketing takes off, I can only see a positive impact on the various global bands working hard to be discovered.

Fashion labels signing up Indie bands? I'm all for it. I can't wait to see Lagerfeld's latest discovery!

Grunge & Romance said...

Yes yes! Lagerfeld's very clever with Lily Allen performing live at his SS 2010 show; thought it was really cute.

But I can't help but wonder if Hermes is right with their marketing: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/BeautySecrets/story?id=7797686&page=1

Read the last page of the article if you want to get through the waffle :D

xx
E