Saturday, April 17, 2010

What's on your head?

I once was told that during the 40s', women were considered to be rude if they leave home without a hat and a pair of gloves. Hats were not just accessories but a symbol of decency.
I was surprised that Bisbane is first city to showcase 'Hats, an Anthology by Stephen Jones'. But I take it as a good sign, a VERY GOOD sign indeed, that Brisbane is slowly emerging in the fashion/art scene.

So I went in The Queensland Art Gallery one friday afternoon after my fashion class, to embrace myself in the artistic atmosphere (and try to look artsy and all).
The exhibition is absolutely fabulous, beautiful and mind-blowing. I am not even going to start talking about how awesome the hats are, because there is no point doing so, you HAVE to go see it yourself (that is if you are currently living in Brisbane or the exhibition is coming to your city in the future. If neither of those apply, then you should stop reading this post right now, because you will be happier not knowing what you'll miss). They don't allow any cameras in the exhibition hall, but I managed to snap a few pictures when the guards were not looking for you to have a sneak peak (no kidding, that was not easy at all, the guards were shrewd like eagles).

I took these with my crappy digital camera, so they might be blurry but hey, I tried.

(if you look closely at the background, it is a mock of Steven Jones's workshop, where the magic happens)

Now I have to drag myself away from my laptop so that i can get some work done instead of watching aged Doraemon (it's a japanese cartoon and you don't want to hear me talk about it).

Big kisses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, love hats even more! Keep it up!